Our privacy notice
This privacy notice explains how we’ll process your personal information. By visiting our website or using our services, you’re accepting and agreeing to the terms of this policy – so please make sure you read it carefully. If we modify the terms of this notice, we’ll let you know by updating this page. This notice should be read in conjunction with our other privacy policies, which you can read here.
How we use your information
This notice applies to information we collect about:
· Visitors to our website
· People who use our services
· Members of the public who engage with us
Information we might collect from you
Information you provide us with
· Website users: while using our website, we might ask you to provide personally identifiable information so that we can contact you. An example of this information is your name or email address. We’ll usually ask for this if you’re sending us an enquiry, making a complaint, or you’re purchasing something in our online store.
· People who email us: When you email us using our contact form, we’ll ask you for some personal information (such as your email address) so that we can respond to your query.
· Volunteers: When you apply to volunteer with PC4R, we’ll ask you for some personal information in order to consider your application. This may include details such as your name, address, contact details, and work history.
· Service users: When you use our services, we’ll ask you for personally identifiable information so that we can consider and process your request. Examples of the information we ask for are your phone number, your name, and your Facebook URL.
Information we collect about you
· Website users: When you visit our website we may automatically collect information about your computer, including your IP address, information about your visit, your browsing history, and how you use our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we’ll clearly explain why we want to collect it and give you the choice to opt-out.
Information we receive from other sources
· Service users: We might receive personally identifiable information about you from our volunteer contacts on the ground. They wont give us this information unless you’ve asked them to.
How we use your personal information
We’ll use personal information about you for the following purposes:
1. To fulfil your requests:
a. To provide top-ups to your phone
b. To complete any transaction you’ve asked us to
c. To answer your queries or process your complaint
d. To process your volunteer application and support you in your volunteering role
2. Service improvement
a. To monitor traffic to our website
b. As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure
c. To review the level of service we’re providing
3. Quality Assurance
a. To make sure that service requests are processed in accordance with our terms and conditions
b. To ensure donations are used appropriately and in accordance with our mission and values
Sharing your personal information
We might share your information with other people in the following scenarios:
a. To alert the necessary health and social care authorities if we think you’re at risk
b. If we’re required to obtain professional advice
2. To fulfil your requests:
a. We may provide your phone number to one of our technology vendors in order to have your phone topped-up. We don’t give your name to the vendors, or any other personal information.
How we store your information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we can’t guarantee the security of your information that’s sent to us via Facebook or this website. Any transmission is at your own risk, but once we’ve got your information, we’ll use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
All data will be stored in accordance with our Data Retention policy, which you can read here.
Our legal basis for processing your information
We have a legitimate interest in processing your data.
· For service users: We’ll only use your data in ways that you’d reasonably expect us to, and we’ll make sure it has a minimum privacy impact. We’ll only ask for the minimum level of information from you to verify and process your request.
· For donors: We’ll store the minimum level of information about the requests we process to allow us to ensure that donations are used appropriately.
· For safeguarding: We’ll only use your personal information for a safeguarding referral if there is a real risk of harm to you or others. We’ll disclose the minimum amount of information needed to adequately address the risk.
· For website users and people who email us: We’ll only use your data in ways that you’d reasonably expect us to, and we’ll make sure it has a minimum privacy impact.
Access to your personal information
You can ask us to show you the basic information that we hold about you at any time. You can make a request in writing for personal information that we hold about you using a Subject Access Request. You can find more about how to make a subject access request here.
You can also contact us at any time and ask us to correct or delete personal information that we hold about you.
Changes to this privacy notice
We aim to keep this notice under review to reflect changes to law or practice.
Last updated: April 2018